Skip to content

To which IRB office at UNM do I submit my project?

UNM has two IRB offices, one the serves the Main and Branch Campuses (UNM Office of the IRB or OIRB) and one that serves the Health Sciences Center (Human Research Protections Office or HRPO). You should submit your project to the IRB based on the Principal Investigator’s primary appointment (i.e. main campus researchers submit to OIRB, north campus researchers submit to HRPO). The associated IRB Director will determine whether a deferral to another IRB is appropriate.