Skip to content

I will be collaborating with another institution. Do I need to submit to UNM’s IRB and the other institution?

If you are UNM faculty or staff, or a UNM student, and you are the person primarily responsible for the conduct of the study, you must get UNM IRB approval to conduct your research regardless of where the research takes place. Researchers should contact the OIRB whenever collaborative research is occurring. Separate applications for each institution may be necessary; however, in order to avoid duplicate review, an IRB Authorization Agreement may be arranged with the other institution to establish one IRB as the designated IRB to review and approve the research.