IRBNet Submission Database
IRBNet is an online submission platform used by the UNM IRB to conduct reviews. Researchers submitting to the UNM IRB must use IRBNet. IRBNet houses all determinations, communications, and documents reviewed by the UNM IRB throughout the project and serves as a document archive after a project has closed. Each researcher requiring access to the study in IRBNet must create an individual user account with user name and password (this is not linked to UNM NetID). For assistance with using IRBNet, see the IRBNet Submission Instructions, IRBNet Tutorial Videos or attend an IRBNet workshop offered by the OIRB.
IRBNet Submission Tips
- EMAILS: The OIRB communicates during the review process through IRBNet and these messages are sent to the email address entered by the researcher when they create an account. If you are not getting IRBNet emails, log into IRBNet and verify the email address in your user profile is correct. Also check your email SPAM folder regularly if you have a submission under review.
- SUBMITTING REVISED DOCUMENTS:
- VERSION TRAILS: After a new project is reviewed, the IRB may request modifications, or after approval, the researcher may want to make changes/amendments. In these instances, edited documents need to be uploaded using a version trail. To upload a document creating a version trail, use the pencil icon next to the existing document in IRBNet then upload the edited document. This will remove the document from the lower table and it will appear in the upper table. You can verify that a version trail was created by clicking the stacked paper icon to view documents in the trail. Failure to upload documents creating a version trail will result in delays in IRB review.
- TRACK CHANGES: When submitting revised documents, make sure to use track changes. You will upload the document with the tracked changes visible. Do NOT submit a clean copy.
- STUDENT RESEARCHERS:
- Students must share the IRBNet project with their faculty advisor/responsible PI, who must have their own IRBNet account. PIs should be shared with "full" access. Projects without the PI shared on the project will not be reviewed.
- The PI must “sign” each package submitted in IRBNet. Students are not able to sign a package on behalf of the PI.
- INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS: The OIRB is unable to see the submission until it is submitted. If the researcher sees work in progress (not submitted) , it is not submitted and cannot be reviewed. Once a package has been submitted, it will say pending review .
- If a package is unlocked, the review process pauses until the researcher addresses the requests that have been sent to them via email. When the package is unlocked the researcher will see a red unlocked padlock. All requests should be addressed in the current package that shows the red unlocked padlock. When all requests have been addressed/completed, the researcher must click mark revisions complete at the top of the designer page. Once revisions are marked complete and the icon changes from a red unlocked padlock to a green locked padlock, the review process will resume. Researchers have 30 days to respond to unlocked packages; unaddressed packages will be withdrawn.
- IRB Determination letters are available on the "Reviews" page of the project in IRBNet.