IRBNet Submission Process
- IRBNet Submission Instructions
- IRB Submission Checklist
- IRBNet Investigator Cheat Sheet
- Log into IRBNet
IRBNet Online Training
IRBNet In-Person Training
IRBNet Quick Checklist for the first submission:
- Create an IRBNet Account
- Create a New Project
- Attach documents in Designer
- Share project with key investigator(s)
- Sign package (UNM PI)
- Submit package to UNM IRB & include any special messages
IRB Review Process
How do I submit my IRB Application for IRB Review and Approval?
Applications submitted through Click IRB will not be handled, transferred, or processed by the OIRB Staff. Use the IRB Submission Checklist and the IRBNet Submission Instructions Guidance documents (found in the IRB Library) for current submission instructions.
- Effective March 17, 2014, all UNM Main and Branch Campus Investigators that have on-going or brand new human subjects research must use IRBNet to submit all submissions. These submissions include the following:
- New Project;
- Amendment for an IRB approved project;
- Continuing Review for an IRB approved project;
- Reactivation for an IRB expired or closed project;
- Event Report.
- Closure of a study already in IRBNet.
If you are not able to find your project in IRBNet, please contact the OIRB.
Main and Branch Campus investigators will not be allowed to submit to a UNMHSC Human Research Review Committee (HRRC) via Click IRB without prior authorization by the UNM OIRB.
What can I expect after submitting my application?
The IRB staff will send an e-mail to the Principal Investigator/Responsible Faculty and Student Investigator/Coordinator to confirm receipt of your submission. The submission will be placed into the IRB processing queue. Once assigned to an IRB analyst, the analyst will pre-review your submission to determine if your project can move forward in the review process or bump it back for clarifications. After the analyst has verified that your submission is ready for review, the IRB will review the submitted documents and make their determination.
You will receive a letter outlining the IRB determination. If the IRB requests modifications, you will have a two month window to submit a response back to the IRB. Failure to respond to IRB modifications in a timely fashion may result in administrative withdrawal of the application.
How long is the IRB Review Process?
The IRB review process will vary depending on the nature and complexity of the submission. Consider the following tips to avoid delays in IRB review:
- Schedule an IRB consultation with the IRB staff
- Check documents for consistency, spelling, and grammar
- Submit all relevant documents
- Pay attention to timelines
- Check your e-mail for IRB correspondences