IRB Services for External Partners
The University of New Mexico IRB is pleased to serve as the IRB for external partners. In order to be considered for external partner status, a formal partnership request must be made to the Director, Office of the IRB, Linda Petree. Our services include:
· Expedited and exempt IRB reviews done on a daily basis
· Consultations with staff who are experts in human subject protection
· Diverse IRB membership that meets monthly
· GCP compliant study start up services
· Quality assurance monitors work with research staff on-site to provide education and support
· Specialize in behavioral, educational, survey, and social science research
· 24/7 access to IRBNet© research software
By using our IRB services, your organization:
· Does not have to create, organize, register or maintain an IRB or IRB support office.
· Does not have to coordinate training for IRB members and staff.
· Can ensure IRB review that is compliant with federal regulations.
· Can quickly and inexpensively get research underway.
IRB Fee Schedule for External Partners
The infrastructure that supports the IRB is funded by the indirect (F&A) return on expenditures by the University. That cost is not captured when the funding is run outside of UNM. If studies are receiving funding external to UNM and are using UNM’s IRB, the following fee schedule applies.
|Change to Project Team||No Charge|
|Reportable Events||No Charge|
|Protocol Violations||No Charge|
|Responses to IRB Letter||No Charge|