The UNM Office of Institutional Review Board (OIRB) provides training workshops throughout the year to provide researchers with an overview of the IRB submission process. The workshops are designed to help faculty and students successfully submit IRB applications.
Researchers should take the elements workshop when they are preparing an IRB submission. This workshop will cover the forms and project documents that are required when submitting to the IRB. Specifically, the workshop will cover:
• The forms in detail to explain what information goes where
• Supporting documents that may be required based on the nature of the research (e.g. Letters of Support, other IRB Approvals, Certificate of Confidentiality, etc.)
• The required project documents
• The IRB review process and what happens at each phase
• Things to consider when preparing all of the required documents