The UNM Office of the IRB helps UNM researchers understand and navigate the UNM IRB by providing guidance and education. Contact us to register for an IRB workshop, schedule a one-on-one consult, or invite us to your next meeting/class! Please e-mail IRBMainCampus@unm.edu with the following information:
- IRB Workshop dates you want to attend or
- IRB Consult topic and dates that will work with your schedule or
- IRB @ Your Door topic you would like to cover, dates that will work with your schedule, and who you expect will attend
Register for the IRB workshop series, which is designed to cover a variety of Human Subjects Research topics. The next workshop series will start March 31. 2016 and all workshops are 1:00pm to 2:00pm. All workshops will be held at the OIRB on 1805 Sigma Chi Rd. NE (lower level). The workshop topics include:
- IRB Regulations - Applying the regulations to your research Feb. 6th 10-11am or April 3rd 2-3pm
- IRB Elements - Navigating the IRB Process at UNM Feb. 13th 10-11am or April 10th 2-3pm
- IRB Protocol & Consent - Developing an IRB Protocol and Consent Feb. 20th 10-11am or April 17th 2-3pm
- IRBNet - Submitting Your Application Online Using IRBNet Feb. 27th 10-11am or April 24th 2-3pm
Pre-requisite: Successful Completion of the CITI Human Subjects Research Course
Schedule an individual consultation to help you figure out if an IRB application needs to be submitted, understand how regulations apply for a project or activity, get an IRB application ready for review, and submit an IRB application through IRBNet. We recommend that you bring any materials on a USB flash drive (protocol, application, consent form, etc...).
Invite us to talk about the IRB at your next meeting or class. Presentations can cover all IRB information and can be tailored to meet your needs.