IRBNet Submission Process
- IRBNet Submission Instructions
- IRB Submission Checklist
- IRBNet Investigator Cheat Sheet
- Log into IRBNet
IRBNet Online Training
IRBNet In-Person Training
IRBNet Quick Checklist for the first submission:
- Create an IRBNet Account
- Create a New Project
- Attach documents in Designer
- Share project with key investigator(s)
- Sign package (UNM PI)
- Submit package to UNM IRB & include any special messages
IRBnet Submission System
The Office of the IRB has released IRBNet, an electronic IRB submission system, on March 17th, 2014. The Main and Branch Campuses research community that have on-going or brand new human subjects research must use IRBNet to submit all submissions.
Benefits of IRBNet:
- On-demand status updates - having a centralized system will help make the review process more transparent
- Easy access to IRB documents - all IRB documents will be conveniently available in the same place, even for different projects
- View project history - the system stores document histories so that the investigator and the IRB can see changes to documents over the course of the project
- Keep track of deadlines - IRB deadlines across studies can be easily viewed to help the investigator stay compliant
To obtain access to IRBNet, follow the IRBNet Submission Instructions to self-register. Please note that you will need to use your “@unm.edu” email when registering.
IRBNet Training Opportunities
There are several types of training resources that can be used to help you learn how to use IRBNet. These include online resources, OIRB hosted training sessions, and one-on-one training and submission help.
During this transition to our new system, please feel free to contact us at IRBMainCampus@unm.edu if you have any questions on how to move forward with a submission.
IRBNet Online Resource - Instructional Videos
IRBNet offers two instructional videos to show new users how to work with the system:
- New Project Submission - Learn how to navigate IRBNet and how to make a new submission
- Post-submission Advanced Topics - Learn the different aspects of IRBNet that will be useful after the IRB has reviewed your submission, including: system notifications and submitting follow-on submissions
Access the videos: http://www.irbnetresources.org/tresources/training.html and enter the username and password below when prompted:
Username = unm Password = training
IRBNet Online Resource – Sandbox Training Environment
IRBNet provides UNM a training environment called a “Sandbox.” This is where you can get some hands-on experience with navigating the system and submitting “test applications.” Anyone can access the sandbox, so keep the following in mind:
- Don’t use personal information - The IRBNet Sandbox is open to anyone that uses the log-in information provided. Therefore, information entered into the sandbox is viewable by anyone. Do not use any personal information or upload personal documents to the sandbox.
- Don’t submit your real IRB application - The intended use of the sandbox training environment is limited to training only and not for submitting applications for IRB review and approval. The OIRB will not process submissions submitted through the sandbox.
Follow the IRBNet Sandbox Worksheet to access the sandbox training environment.
OIRB In-Person Training Session for IRBNet
Starting in March, the OIRB will offer weekly training sessions for researchers to learn how to use IRBNet. These are not mandatory training sessions and you will be able to register and submit through IRBNet on your own schedule. Trainings are hosted at our office located at 1805 Sigma Chi NE, entrance at the back of the building during the following days and times:
- 1st Wednesday of the month at 1PM (starting March 5th)
- 2nd Thursday of the month at 1PM (starting March 13th)
- 3rd Wednesday of the month at 9AM (starting March 19th)
- 4th Thursday of the month at 9AM (starting March 27th)
Register for a session: E-mail IRBMainCampus@unm.edu and include which date you would like to attend.
One-on-One In-Person Training and IRBNet Submission Help
If you need personalized training or assistance with making a submission through IRBNet, you are welcome to schedule a consultation with an analyst at the OIRB.
Schedule a consult: E-mail IRBMainCampus@unm.edu and include your availability and what type of help is needed.