The UNM Office of Institutional Review Board (OIRB) provides training workshops throughout the year to provide researchers with an overview of the IRB submission process. The workshops are designed to help faculty and students successfully submit IRB applications.
Researchers should take the regulations workshop when they beginning the process of designing their research. This workshop will explain federal regulations associated with the review and approval of human research. The workshop will cover:
• The regulations that the UNM IRB follows when evaluating research
• Regulatory criteria for approval including those applicable to working with vulnerable populations
• Regulatory criteria for informed consent, waivers of consent, and waivers of documentation of consent
• Applying the regulations to your research
• Things to keep in mind when writing your research protocol